The CSR report presents an overview of NORDEN’s CSR strategy, performance and achievements the past year. This year, NORDEN reports on the completion of the CSR strategy “On the right course”, which has shaped and guided NORDEN’s work during the past three years.
“NORDEN’s efforts within CSR are closely linked with our core competencies and strategic business challenges. The past three years we have worked systematically to integrate CSR into key business processes and made considerable progress on the focus areas set out in NORDEN’s CSR strategy in 2013”, says CFO and Chairman of the CSR Executive body Martin Badsted.
The report covers NORDEN performance within;
- Responsible supply chain management
- Vessel safety
- Employee Conditions
- Environmental management and
- NORDEN’s efforts to reduce CO2 emissions
By the end of 2015, NORDEN has achieved several goals within CSR and business integration most notably:
- the development and implementation of an Anti-Corruption Compliance Programme;
- NORDEN’s active membership and position in the Steering Committee of the Maritime Anti-Corruption Network (MACN);
- the collaborative development of the industry standard IMPA ACT within Responsible Supply Chain Management,
- the completion of NORDEN’s first human rights impact assessment,
- …and the fact that NORDEN has been awarded a leading position in the CDP Leadership Index for our reporting on environmental and climate change issues for three consecutive years.
New CSR direction
With the progress made the past years, NORDEN is well positioned to launch the new CSR direction ‘Joint efforts – mutual benefits’ for 2016-2018. NORDEN’s new CSR direction combines core business competencies and CSR strongholds, and focus on how NORDEN can work closer with customers and realise mutual benefits and value for NORDEN and society:
“Going forward, NORDEN will expand its CSR focus further to key areas that have the potential to create mutual benefits for our customers, society and NORDEN at the same time”, concludes Martin Badsted.
The CSR report serves as NORDEN’s annual Communication on Progress (COP) to the UN Global Compact and has been assured by an external assurance provider.
Click to open the CSR report 2015 here